-- The Portal of holidays in Abruzzo ...
Versione Italiana
Home Page / About us / Newsletter / Contacts -  -
Information & Services in Tocco Da Casauria
Tourist Facilities
Bed & Breakfast
Camping
Farm Holidays
Hotels & Guesthouses
Pizza Restaurants
Residence
Real Estate Agents
Restaurants
Further Information
Images and photos
Geographical Location
The Commune of Tocco Da Casauria (Pe)
Altitude
Population
Postcode
Town Hall Phone
Local Market
Classification
355 mt
2.920
65028
+39085880533
Tuesday
Hilly

Historical Background: Tocco da Casauria is a commune of the high Pescara valley dedicated to agriculture, and it is also famous for the production of a liqueur, the “Centerbe”. On the suburbs of the village, considered the perennial presence of the wind, a system for the exploitation of wind power has been established. In the past Tocco had a great geopolitics importance for its strategic position. Here was born the artist Francesco Paolo Michetti and the jurist Filamusi Guelfi. The origins of the village date back to the 11th century, in Cantalupo hamlet; until the Unity of Italy it was only called Tocco. The discovery of some finds in Vasto hamlet, including an inscription and sculptural fragments, strengthens the hypothesis of settlements on its territory already during the imperial age. In 873 the village was mentioned in the Chronicon Casauriense, in 967 it was quoted as Castrum. The original centre, that is situated in a strategic position on the Pescara Valley and on the Popoli gorges has particularly developed in the 13th century around the Ducal Castle and the St. Eustachio Martire church. Heavily damaged by the earthquakes of 1456 and 1706, it was rebuilt in a lower position.

Outling Administrative Divisions: Francoli, Marano, Osservanza, Rovetone.
Events, Folklore & Religious Feast: 19th September: St. Eustachio’s day.
Italian Version
- Copyright © (1999-2010) - Internet Soluzioni ® -
By Internet Soluzioni - Rivisondoli (Aq) - Abruzzo - Phone +39 0864/641617 - Fax +39 0862/8731172 - P.Iva 01456000668